12 Reasons to Move to Web-Based Training
I have compiled a list of 12 reasons why adopting an elearning approach to training can be a beneficial training solution.
- Lower cost without sacrificing quality - When compared to classroom training, web-based learning can save 85 cents for every dollar.
- Convenience - A learner is able to access a course when and where they are ready. Not when a classroom and trainer are ready.
- Instant and real-time reports - Results from assessments & training material completion can be instantly complied to allow reporting on individual treainee’s progress.
- Speed of delivery - The same training that can be done in a few hours online will generally take weeks in a classroom.
- Consistency – Each time the training is conducted, the training is exactly the same unless deliberate changes have been made.
- Scalable – Training is easily scalable allowing large numbers of people to complete training in a matter of hours.
- Non threatening environment – Classroom training can bring back bad memories for a lot of people.
- Geographic boundaries broken – With worldwide internet coverage increasing, training material can be accessed at anytime and completed or referred back to from different geographical locations.
- Reduced stress – Training is completed in the trainees time, allowing all trainees to work at their own pace to absorb the learning objectives.
- Increased Retention Rates - Elearning is proven to increase knowledge retention by 25-60%.
- Fun and Interesting – It may include text, video, audio, animation, games and virtual environments.
- Complete Training History – As all training is completed online using consistent methods, managers can automatically access complete training histories of completed courses and achievements.