Below is the finished list of my awesome Litmos features that make life just a bit easier! For the first five, see the first part of this post.
- Tin Can capabilities - If you know what Tin Can is, the title of this feature is enough. If you do not know what Tin Can is, get ready to say "Wow!" Tin Can is, in most basic terms, the next SCORM. In addition, it does stuff SCORM could never do. Tin Can takes the ability of elearning off the computer. What do I mean? Imagine this: A user is learning to bake. He or she will need to take a few courses, a few assessments and bake a cake. The courses and assessments can easily live together in an LMS, but what about the cake? Will that need to be manually entered as a score? Not with Tin Can! With Tin Can we can capture statements, such as "Jody set the temperature to 400 degrees" or "who, action, object" for every action done. This would allow us to capture the entire cake baking within the LMS, where all the other data lives. Still does not make sense? Check out the blog post I wrote on Tin Can basics.
- The API - For those of you who are not familiar with what an API is, they are magical languages that allow systems to talk to each other. In (more) technical terms, it stands for Application Programming Interface and with Litmos’s API, integrations with any other system that has an API are possible. However, I should add that the API is the most advanced feature in Litmos and I recommend, strongly, that you have API development experience or hire someone who does before you tackle a project using the API. Lucky for you, there are a few prebuilt applications that don't require development experience and we are actively building more.
- Aggregated Assessment report – Determine how effective a course and/ or an assessment is. By going to reports, selecting the Assessment Quick Report and selecting an assessment a graph will appear. Each bar represents a question in that assessment and the colors in the bar represent how many learners got the question wrong, wrong and didn’t complete/ need to be marked. From this information, determine which questions may be too difficult or may not be clear enough in the learning material and adjust your courses for the best results possible.
- Attempts – Litmos tracks all answers given on a SCORM or Assessment module no matter how many times they access it. When accessing an individual’s results for either SCORM or Assessment, look in the top right of the white section of the report. Here you will see “Attempts” with a number and a drop down menu.
- Custom messaging for each language – When using Litmos for users all over the world, sending a message that is not in the appropriate language may confuse learners. Have no fear! All email messages sent will automatically be in the appropriate language. The email sent to the user will be based on the language set in the user’s profile and settings. By default, this will be set as the language chosen in the Profile section of the Account tab.
These are 10 (it was hard to narrow down) of my favorite features for every Litmos admin to know about. What are yours?