How does it work?
There are two customization options available which can be used together or separately.
- HTML fragment
- CSS Styling of top level navigation
Custom HTML Header & Footer Fragments
- An HTML Header fragment can be inserted as the first element on a web page. It will come directly after the <Body> tag and enable the inclusion of navigation, logos and other header related items.
- An HTML Footer fragment can be inserted as the last element on a web page. It will come directly before the </Body> tag and enable the inclusion of navigation, logos and other header related items.
- It’s not possible to upload images with the HTML fragment so any images used must be referenced from another website or intranet location.
- Styles should be included inline and not in a separate CSS stylesheet.
- Navigation hyperlinks should be absolute references, not relative to the page.
Static template fields
The following fields can be used within the custom HTML to add user profile information.
Custom CSS Styling
The standard top level navigation in Litmos can be styled using a CSS fragment. The exact style names are yet to be confirmed but will allow the control over color, positioning, size and visibility of items.
Getting These Customization Features Into Your Litmos
Unlike most changes to Litmos, this feature will not be automatically applied to your account. For more information about applying this feature to your account, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Not all Litmos accounts are eligible for this upgrade.