HIPAA Business Associate II (Non-Clinical) (2019)
As defined by the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), a business associate is any organization or person working in association with or providing services to a covered entity (e.g. hospital, physician office, health plan) who handles or discloses Personal Health Information (PHI) or Personal Health Records (PHR). This overview course serves as an annual refresher course for employees who have already taken a HIPAA course in previous years. It's also good for those employees that have very limited and/or sporadic access to Protected Health Information. Good for new employees and those that need more specific reinforcement of the HIPAA regulations. This course also includes scenario modules specifically for business associate employees in a non-clinical organization.
- Explain the meaning of HIPAA.
- List the penalties imposed for non-compliance and be familiar with the most common breach types as a means to avoid them.
- Describe the main aspects of the law in regards to electronic transactions, privacy and security.
- Have a clear understanding of the state-specific privacy requirements and/or organizational policies if your organization has opted to include that information here.
- Understand and apply business associate scenarios in a non-clinical setting related to HIPAA.