HIPAA Employer HR Benefits(2019)
This course is for an employer with a group health plan and specifically for those in the Human Resources (HR) department. This courses help learners understand the federal law and the different sets of federal regulations issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). It also takes a look at the requirements for electronic data transaction standards, code sets, and unique identifiers. This course also teaches the specific requirements of privacy and security regulations. Finally, this courses presents a number of theoretical scenarios and requires the learner to answer questions on appropriate actions in that scenario.
- Explain how HIPAA will impact healthcare organizations.
- Describe the covered entities that must comply with HIPAA.
- Outline the penalties imposed for non-compliance.
- Describe the standards required for use with electronic transactions.
- Identify the code sets that must be used under HIPAA.
- Describe the different types of identifiers that will be used under HIPAA.
- List the requirements under the privacy and security regulations.
- Describe specific situations involving the privacy and security rules and take the necessary steps to comply with the regulations.