HIPAA Compliance Officers (BA) (2019)
As defined by the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), a business associate is any organization or person working in association with or providing services to a covered entity (e.g. hospital, physician office, health plan) who handles or discloses Personal Health Information (PHI) or Personal Health Records (PHR). This course is for compliance officers at a Business Associate organization. This course help learners understand the federal law and the different sets of federal regulations issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). It also takes a look at the requirements for electronic data transaction standards, code sets, and unique identifiers. This course also teaches the specific requirements of privacy and security regulations. Finally, this courses presents a number of theoretical scenarios and requires the learner to answer questions on appropriate actions in that scenario.
- Explain how HIPAA impacts healthcare organizations.
- Describe the covered entities that must comply with HIPAA.
- Outline the penalties imposed for non-compliance.
- Describe the standards required for use with electronic transactions.
- Identify the code sets that must be used under HIPAA.
- Describe the different types of identifiers that will be used under HIPAA.
- List the requirements under the privacy and security regulations.
- Describe specific situations involving the privacy and security rules and take the necessary steps to comply with the regulations.