Whistleblower Awareness for the Public Sector (AU)
Public interest whistleblowing can help uncover wrongdoing and serves in the public interest. Yet, there is still uncertainty and stigma associated with “blowing the whistle” at work. It’s essential for public sector organisations and their employees to understand key concepts related to whistleblowing, particularly the protections afforded to those who blow the whistle.
This course outlines whistleblowing and public interest disclosures. It covers the roles and responsibilities of workers and organisations, whistleblower protections and the importance of implementing effective whistleblower policies and procedures.
- Public interest disclosures and who can make them
- Distinguishing legitimate business activities from improper conduct
- Responsibilities in making public interest disclosures
- Steps to take in the event of witnessing improper conduct
- Protections afforded to whistleblowers