Essentials of HIV and AIDS for Healthcare Employees
This course provides healthcare workers with an understanding of HIV/AIDS in the healthcare environment, Universal Precautions and Standard Precautions for exposure control, plus HIV counseling and the special needs of certain population groups.
- Describe HIV and AIDS, how they developed, and at-risk populations.
- Describe how HIV is transmitted, factors affecting HIV carriers and HIV counseling.
- Explain OSHA’s Universal Precautions regulation, the CDC’s Standard Precautions recommendation, and the difference between them.
- Describe post-exposure response in a healthcare environment.
- Describe the confidentiality requirements for case reporting and surveillance.