Contract Law (AU)
Contracts are a part of life. Almost everything we do, from buying a cup of coffee to signing on to a mobile phone plan is regulated by the rules of contract law. This course provides an introduction to, and basic understanding of, contract law in Australia. It covers three key areas – contract formation, contract rights and obligations, and contract performance and termination.
This training is aimed at employees working with contracts in their day-to-day role who do not have a legal background, for example in sales, procurement or HR.
- Elements of a valid and enforceable contract
- Factors that can affect a contract’s validity
- Who has rights and obligations under a contract
- Types of terms used in contracts
- Ways that a contract can come to an end
- Consequences if a party fails to perform their contract obligations