Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Inclusion and Cultural Safety (AU)
Discrimination and exclusion have created a gap in the standard of living between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
This course is about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander inclusion in the workplace (also referred to as Indigenous inclusion). It looks at the history and diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the outcomes of injustice and exclusion. It also gives practical steps to promote Indigenous inclusion in the workplace and explains why this is important.
- Who the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are
- The impact of past injustices and exclusion
- Ensuring inclusion in the workplace
- Why inclusion is important, both economically and socially
- Practical steps to create more inclusive workplaces