Adaptive Suite Australia – Consumer Law (AU)
As consumers, we expect that the products we buy or services we use are of a decent quality. But what happens when that’s not the case? Do workers in your organisations understand consumer rights or what you’d do if your organisation was suspected of a consumer law breach? This course covers important information about consumer rights and businesses’ obligations under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). It explores common situations where knowledge of the ACL is beneficial for workers and their organisations.
This course is part of an award-winning series that uses a social media format to deliver key content in an engaging way.
- Key legislation and principles relating to consumer law
- Key consumer law obligations and why they are important
- The rights of consumers in different types of transactions
- Consequences for organisations and workers when consumer laws are breached
- Adaptive learning technology cuts down seat time and gives personalised training