The Federal Trade Commission’s mission is to enforce the rules of the competitive marketplace through antitrust laws. Antitrust laws are a collection of both federal and state regulations that control both corporate conduct as well as business transactions.
This course will give employees an overview of the antitrust laws, the different types of anti-competitive conduct, and the penalties that apply for breaking the law.
This course will cover:
- The role of antitrust laws
- Federal antitrust framework including Sherman Act, Clayton Act and Federal Trade Commission Act
- Types of antitrust violations and why they are prohibited
- The role of the Federal Trade Commission and Antitrust Division
- Penalties and remedies enforced for antitrust violations