Asbestos Awareness (UK)
Alarmingly, there is no safe level of exposure to asbestos. Inhaling its fibres can lead to severe lung damage, including cancer. This course is about being aware of asbestos in the workplace.
If your organisation carries out work around asbestos, or if there’s a chance that employees will be exposed to it, then it’s essential for everyone to know how to manage the risks.
- The properties of asbestos
- Types of asbestos, their uses and likely occurrences
- The effect of asbestos on your health
- General procedures to deal with an emergency
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos
- The duties of employers to identify and manage asbestos