Bloodborne Pathogens and Your Healthcare Organization’s Exposure Control Plan 3.0
In healthcare, we’re exposed to a wide variety of potential hazards. It’s important to understand the protective measures to eliminate or minimize your exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potential hazards. This course is designed to summarize the workplace exposure control plan, as it relates to bloodborne pathogens and other potential hazards.
- Define the term bloodborne pathogens
- Describe how to determine employee exposure
- Define various methods of exposure control and communication of hazards
- Describe post-exposure evaluation and follow-up
- Explain the procedures for evaluating circumstances surrounding exposure incidents