Business Transformation – Innovation and Digital Disruption – Spotify
This course looks at the digital transformation of the music industry and in particular the role the company Spotify has played in the digitalization of how we listen to and share music. We will explore how over time the music industry has evolved thanks to innovative, disruptive companies who used pioneering technology to transform an entire industry and changed consumers’ behaviors and attitudes towards music. Elsewhere in the course we take an in-depth look at how Spotify has optimized their user experience by using cutting-edge digital tools to offer a hyper-personalized service to each of their unique active users.
- A digital transformation timeline of the music industry – from the 1970s to present day
- What Spotify does and how they do it
- Definitions and explanations for digital business processes like ‘freemium service’, ‘targeted advertising’ and ‘atomization’
- Analysis of the digital tools Spotify use to provide a hyper-personalized service and user experience
- Explanation of ‘machine learning’ technology