Chemical Safety (US)
Everyone knows that chemicals can be dangerous, but the health and safety risks of using chemicals in the workplace can be minimized. Chemical safety starts with awareness and information. Exposure to chemicals is regulated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazard Communication Standard. This course covers chemical exposure in the workplace. It looks at how it can occur and how to reduce the risks of chemical exposure at work. It covers key information aligned with OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard including requirements for labeling and safety data sheets.
- How chemical exposure occurs
- Legal requirements for chemical safety in the workplace
- Understand OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard and the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS)
- Chemical labels and safety data sheets
- Tips for chemical safety
- Risk management related to chemical exposure