Determining COB and MSP for Outpatient Offices
This course walks you step-by-step through the multiple plan COB determination process. It will help your practitioner office reduce the risk of take backs, fines and penalties.
- At the conclusion of this course you should be able to:
- Apply the various processes to determine COB assignment.
- Identify other entity requests.
- List multiple health insurance plans.
- Identify relationships to the insured and how they relate to the health plan COB assignment.
- Define and apply the birthday rule.
- Identify ways to determine if an authorization is required.
- Ensure all of the above has supporting documentation to complete the COB assignment.