Code of Conduct New South Wales Local Councils (AU)
Would you use a council laptop to complete work outside your employment? What would you do if a family member’s business entered a tender process for council work? These are situations that employees could find themselves in while working at a local council.
This course helps individuals engaged with local council activities in New South Wales to understand their responsibilities and obligations regarding standards of conduct in the workplace. The course introduces the Model Code for Local Councils in NSW, and highlights the appropriate conduct in relation to conflicts of interest, personal benefits and access to council information and resources.
- Behaviour that constitutes improper conduct under the Code
- Identifying a potential conflict of interest
- The appropriate response to a conflict of interest
- Identifying inappropriate gifts or benefits
- Recognising inappropriate conduct related to council information and resources
- Appropriate action in a suspected breach situation