Compliance Essentials – Cybersecurity (CA)
Understanding the who, what and why of cyberattacks can better prepare your organization against threats. When employees know the telltale signs of fraud, they’re less likely to fall for it. This course looks at common cybersecurity incidents, where threats come from and how to spot them. It also covers your organization’s legal obligation to protect personal information under PIPEDA, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- What cybersecurity is and why it’s important
- Types of cybersecurity incidents
- Threat actors and their motivations
- Personal information protection under PIPEDA
- Importance of software updates, encryption and TLS
- Strategies to protect an organization against cybersecurity incidents