Compliance Essentials – Electronic Communications and Social Media (CA)
It’s “virtually” impossible to imagine the modern workplace without electronic communication. No email, working from home, remote teams or online collaboration. The workplace has changed dramatically in recent years, and things that may not appear to be work-related, such as a social media post, can still have a connection to your employment. It’s essential that employees at all levels of an organization understand how to use electronic communication and social media in a legal and ethical way. This course can help.
- The circumstances in which an employee’s online communication might be considered connected to the workplace
- How this technology can enable discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Legal obligations and appropriate management of intellectual property and confidentiality
- Practical strategies for managing the use of electronic communication and social media associated with the workplace
- Legal consequences of misuse and how to prevent unlawful and illegal conduct