Compliance Essentials – Equity and Diversity in the Workplace (CA)
We’re hearing a lot about “equity, diversity and inclusion” these days, but these are more than just buzzwords. In the workplace, they’re about actively levelling the playing field and breaking down barriers and stereotypes to get the best out of people and to recruit from the widest possible pools of talent. This course looks at the benefits of an inclusive and diverse workplace, and why treating people fairly isn’t just good business practice, it’s also the law. Ensure everyone in your organization understands the damage done by discrimination and why it’s essential to identify and avoid it.
- Beyond the buzzwords – why inclusion, equity, and diversity matter
- Employers’ legal liability for discrimination in Canada
- Types of discrimination and behaviours that constitute harassment and victimisation
- The impacts of discrimination on victims and employers
- How to prevent discrimination
- Why equity and diversity are essential for a healthy and productive workplace