Disability Awareness in the Workplace
When a person has a disability, it doesn’t define who they are. Each person with a disability is a unique individual with their own personality, interests and skills. By reducing or eliminating the barriers that people with a disability face, we can create a workplace that is welcoming and accessible to all.
This course raises awareness about people with a disability and outlines the importance of inclusion in the workplace. It includes information about different types of disabilities, barriers that a person with a disability might encounter at work, the importance of using inclusive language, and practical actions that workplaces can take to be more inclusive.
Covered in this course:
- Definition of disability and the types
- Barriers to inclusion for people with a disability
- Importance of inclusive behavior in the workplace
- Behaving inclusively towards people with a disability
- Examples of inclusive language
- Modifications organizations and employees can make for employees with a disability