Food Safety and Hygiene for Retail, Level 2
As a business owner or food handler, you have a duty to comply with the provisions of Regulation (EC) 852/2004 of the European Parliament on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs, the Food Safety Act 1990, and Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2005. This requires food businesses to ensure that any staff working with food in a retail environment are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene and food safety in a way that is appropriate to the work they do.
- Legal requirements and your role in ensuring food safety
- The impact of foodborne illness on consumers and the business
- How to identify and prevent food safety hazards
- How to prevent food cross-contamination
- How to maintain high standards of personal hygiene