Food Safety and Hygiene for Retail, Level 2
Food retail covers a wide range of businesses, from supermarkets, specialist shops like butchers or confectioners and even online food businesses. Regardless of the retail setting, if your employees sort, pack, serve and sell foodstuffs to customers, or process food for sale, it’s essential that they have in-depth understanding of food hygiene in the workplace.
Food safety training is essential to meet regulatory requirements and keep customers safe. Aimed at employees who regularly handle food in retail, this course covers legal obligations to ensure food hygiene as well as best practices to manage food safety risks.
- Food safety and hygiene in retail settings
- Includes and builds on Level 1 training
- Legal requirements for food safety and hygiene
- Foodborne illness, allergic reaction and how to avoid it
- Personal hygiene, cleaning and waste control
- Chilling, cooking, temperature and storage
- Avoid cross contamination and manage the risk of pests
- Hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) for managing food safety