Individuals entrust their health and social care providers to not only meet their care and support needs, but also to handle their information with discretion and confidentiality. This course will help workers to understand how to responsibly handle and protect the confidential information of the individuals they care for.
- Safeguarding individuals’ information
- Legislation governing personal information
- The healthcare sector’s position regarding breaches in data security
- GDPR’s data protection principles
- Consequences of a data protection breach
- Reporting concerns