Health and Safety in the Workplace
Everyone has a part to play in making our workplaces safe. Health and safety aren’t only important in high-risk industries – every workplace and every job has hazards that need to be addressed to keep workers safe. Understanding common hazards and taking simple steps to address them can help reduce incidents, prevent accidents and avoid injuries. As well as practical advice, this course covers workers’ and employers’ legal duties in relation to health and safety, along with OSHA’s role. Employees will learn their health and safety rights and how to respond to a health and safety hazard or issue.
- Common safety and health hazards
- Practical steps to avoid safety and health violations
- Workers’, employers’ and OSHA’s legal duties for workplace safety
- Workers’ rights in relation to safety and health
- Responding to hazards and filing complaints with OSHA