Health Insurance Plans & Participation Basics 2019
This course introduces other health insurance payers, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, Health Maintenance Organizations, and commercial health insurance plans.
- At the conclusion of this course you will be able to:
- Define a provider contractual agreement.
- Define participating and nonparticipating provider.
- Differentiate the payment limits between participating and nonparticipating providers.
- Define Blue Cross Blue Shield. *Determine the local plan for your geographic area.
- Complete the steps required to link to your local plan’s website.
- Define a health maintenance organization.
- Define a commercial health insurance plan.