Hearing Conservation (US)
Workplace noise can seriously and permanently affect hearing. Unlike many other injuries, hearing loss is hard to see, its onset can be gradual, and it may become apparent when it’s too late. Yet hearing damage is a preventable workplace injury. Hearing conservation is covered by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations. This course covers employers’ legal obligations for hearing conservation, effective use of hearing protectors (earmuffs and earplugs), and steps to take to prevent work-induced hearing loss.
- Importance of hearing protection
- Legal obligations for noise exposure
- Comply with OSHA regulations for hearing conservation
- Types of hearing protectors
- Select and use hearing protectors effectively
- Best practices for noise exposure safety