HIPAA Business Associate III (Clinical) (2019)
As defined by the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), a business associate is any organization or person working in association with or providing services to a covered entity (e.g. hospital, physician office, health plan) who handles or discloses Personal Health Information (PHI) or Personal Health Records (PHR). This is a detailed course on the specific privacy and security regulations related to the HIPAA law. It’s ideal for individuals that get more expansive access to PHI on a regular basis, privacy and security officers and others responsible for enforcing the regulations inside their clinical organization.
- Explain the meaning of HIPAA.
- List the penalties imposed for non-compliance and be familiar with the most common breach types as a means to avoid them.
- Describe the main aspects of the law in regards to electronic transactions, privacy and security.
- Have a clear understanding of the state-specific privacy requirements and/or organizational policies if your organization has opted to include that information here.
- Understand and apply business associate scenarios in a clinical setting related to HIPAA.
- Understand the details of HIPAA and how it applies to your organization.