HIPAA Practice Front Office I (2019)
In this course students will learn the federal law and the different sets of federal regulations issued by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The course provides a summary of content taught in the Privacy, Security, and Transactions & Code Sets modules. It is ideal for those working in the front office of a medical practice and have light or limited access to PHI. This course also includes two modules that present a number of theoretical privacy and security scenarios for front office staff and requires the learner to answer questions on appropriate actions in that scenario.
- Explain how HIPAA impacts healthcare organizations.
- Define the covered entities that must comply with HIPAA.
- List the penalties imposed for non-compliance.
- Describe the standards required for use with electronic transactions.
- Identify the code sets that must be used under HIPAA.
- Describe the different types of identifiers that will be used under HIPAA.
- Outline key privacy and security requirements and recognize steps that must be taken to comply with the regulations.
- Describe specific situations involving the privacy and security rules and take the necessary steps to comply with the regulations.