Leading Learning – Disability Awareness
A disability is defined as a physical or mental condition that limits daily activity, such as communication or mobility. To ensure a more inclusive work environment for people with disabilities, it’s important to take time to understand disabilities.
This course will help employees better understand people with disabilities and their barriers, help them recognize why inclusion is important and give them the skills to foster a more inclusive workplace.
- Definition of disability and the types
- Barriers to inclusion for people with a disability
- Importance of inclusive behavior in the workplace
- Examples of inclusive language
- Modifications organizations and employees can make for employees with a disability