Leading Learning – Drug and Alcohol Awareness
Drug and alcohol misuse has serious implications for employees’ health, safety, and performance in the workplace, and a detrimental impact on work colleagues and the organization as a whole. However, that’s not to say that those who misuse drugs and/or alcohol should necessarily be demonized or not treated fairly. This course outlines signs of drug and alcohol misuse, underlying reasons for misuse, the impact of drug and alcohol misuse, and explains responsibilities of employers and employees to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
- Impacts of drugs and alcohol
- Behaviors and symptoms that may indicate drug or alcohol misuse
- Employee’s responsibilities regarding drugs and alcohol
- Employer’s responsibilities for ensuring health and safety
- Types of support for employees with drug or alcohol dependency