Managing Employee Performance
Setting expectations and holding employees accountable is no easy task. We know this skill set takes practice; that managers need a clear process to follow, and that dealing with poor performance can easily be avoided. In this course you’ll learn the top reasons why poor performance is not addressed in organizations; learn an effective approach to addressing performance issues and learn how to follow-up after feedback discussions.
- Understand performance management is a difficult skill to master for both new and experienced managers.
- Recognize poor performance affects the entire organization, not just the manager and the employee.
- Recall the top 10 reasons poor performance is not addressed in organizations.
- Identify the four steps in planning for a performance feedback discussion.
- Discuss the essential steps after performance feedback discussions.
- Explain why documentation is critical for both the HR department and the manager.