Managing Fairly and Equitably – Anti-discrimination and Equal Opportunity (AU)
Managers play an important role in modelling fairness and respect, as well as ensuring their organisation meets its legal obligations in relation to equal opportunity. This course outlines managers’ responsibilities to prevent discrimination, promote inclusion and handle complaints effectively. It looks at ways to reduce the impact of discriminatory conduct on individuals and the organisation.
It provides a contextualised workplace scenario that presents different challenges. As the scenario unfolds, learners to reflect on their decision making, and discover the best ways to promote and model positive workplace behaviour. See other courses in this series about sexual harassment and bullying prevention.
- Managerial legislative obligations concerning discrimination
- Legal protections around discrimination
- Mitigating the risk of discrimination in the workplace
- Reasonable adjustments and occupational requirements
- How to respond to discriminatory behaviour