Managing Fairly and Equitably – Workplace Bullying (AU)
Workplace bullying is not just unacceptable, it’s also unlawful. Managers and supervisors play an important role in ensuring their organisation meets its legal obligation to provide a bullying-free workplace. This course outlines managers’ responsibilities to prevent bullying behaviour, model appropriate conduct and handle complaints effectively. It looks at ways to reduce the impact of bullying incidents on individuals and the organisation.
Using a contextualised workplace scenario, learners are prompted to reflect on their decision making, and discover the best ways to promote an anti-bullying culture. See other courses in this series about sexual harassment and discrimination prevention.
- Managerial responsibilities and obligations regarding bullying
- The legislative framework around workplace bullying
- Explanation of stop bullying orders
- Vicarious liability and its impacts
- Reasonable performance management
- Mitigating the risk of bullying
- Responding to allegations of workplace bullying