Managing Mental Health in Your Workplace (AU)
It’s estimated that untreated mental health conditions cost Australian workplaces billions each year. The need for successful management of mental health issues in the workplace has never been greater. This course covers important information on managing a worker with mental illness. It looks at an employer’s legal obligations, and highlights the need for medical evidence when making reasonable adjustments to support a worker with mental illness. This course builds on information introduced in the course Mental Health in Your Workplace.
- The impact mental illness can have on the workplace
- Appropriate support for workers with a mental illness
- Obligations to maintain a safe and healthy workplace for everyone
- Assess a request for reasonable adjustments
- Protecting the privacy of a worker with a mental health condition
- Employer responsibilities regarding disability discrimination and unfair dismissal