Managing Mental Health in Your Workplace
It’s likely that most managers will supervise a worker with mental illness at some point in their career. It’s important to know how to support a worker while managing the business, and respecting all parties’ rights and responsibilities. This course covers some of the basics of managing a worker with mental illness. It looks at an employer’s obligations and highlights the need for medical evidence when making reasonable adjustments or accommodations to support a worker with mental illness. This course builds on information introduced in the course Mental Health in Your Workplace.
- The impact mental illness can have on the workplace
- Appropriate support for workers with a mental illness
- Obligations to maintain a safe and healthy workplace for everyone
- Assess a request for reasonable adjustments or accommodations
- Protecting the privacy of a worker with a mental health condition