Manual Handling (NZ)
There’s more to manual handling than just lifting heavy items the right way. Manual handling involves a range of body movements used for everyday activities at work. Effective manual handling helps prevent many types of injuries and accidents in the workplace. This course aims to raise awareness about safe manual handling by covering the risks associated with lifting and other common work-related tasks. It covers manual handling risk management, and tips and strategies that can help with ergonomic issues through to physically strenuous tasks at work.
- Why safe manual handling is important
- Workers’ and employers’ legal duties for health and safety
- Perform hazardous manual handling tasks safely
- Dangers of lifting and practical steps for safe lifting
- Assess and control manual handling risk
- Hierarchy of control measures for manual handling risks