Mental Health Awareness
It is vital for health and social care workers to have an awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities, three of the major aspects of care they are likely to come across in their role. This is so any signs and symptoms are reported and that they show compassion and understanding they experience any behaviour that is difficult to understand or respond to.
- Information about mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
- Promoting positive attitudes in mental health
- Reporting concerns
- Detection and early diagnosis
- Legal framework, policy and guidelines
- Assessing mental capacity