Mental Health in Your Workplace
Globally, more than 300 million people live with depression, the vast majority of whom are in paid employment. The workplace has been identified as an appropriate setting to support mental health. This course covers information about accessing support in the workplace for a mental illness. It discusses some of the pros and cons of disclosing a mental health condition at work, and the kinds of adjustments an employer might make. It looks at how a worker can support a co-worker with a mental health issue, and aims to challenge some common misconceptions about this area of health. There is a supplementary course on this topic for supervisors and managers.
- Prevalence of mental illness in the workplace
- Pros and cons of disclosing a mental illness in the workplace
- Reasonable assistance for workers with mental illness
- Potential signs of mental illness in a co-worker
- How to ask a co-worker if they’re OK
- Locate appropriate support services