Mental Health in Your Workplace
Would you know how to get help in the workplace for a mental illness? Or how to support a co-worker who might have a mental health condition? This course covers information about accessing support in the workplace for a mental illness. It discusses some of the pros and cons of disclosing a mental health condition at work, and the kinds of reasonable adjustments an employer might make. It looks at how a worker can support a co-worker with a mental health issue, and aims to challenge some common misconceptions about this area of health. There is a supplementary course on this topic for supervisors and managers.
- Recognise the prevalence of mental illness in the workplace
- Identify some of the pros and cons of disclosing a mental illness in the workplace
- Identify the types of reasonable adjustments a workplace may make to assist a worker with mental illness
- Recognise some potential signs of mental illness in a co-worker and act sensitively
- Ask a co-worker if they’re OK, if you feel comfortable to do so
- Locate support services for yourself or a co-worker