Obstetrical Safety Issues and Preventing Infant Abduction 2.0
This course is divided into two parts: labor and delivery patient safety issues and infant abduction. The first part of the program focuses on the highest risk events that take place in the obstetrical suite, their causes and prevention. The second part looks at the crime of infant abduction, how it occurs, and how to prevent it.
- Define the highest risk obstetrical events.
- Identify your role in preventing the most common causes of obstetrical injury.
- Identify the statistics around who attempts infant abduction and the typical methods used.
- Recognize the characteristics of the typical infant abductor.
- List the steps to take to help prevent infant abduction in the hospital and home.