Culture Series – When Outside Employment is a Conflict of Interest
More and more people are taking on jobs or roles outside their primary employment. Whether it’s rideshare driving, freelancing, or even volunteering, outside employment can present a conflict of interest for an employee and an organization. Using real-life situations and interactive design, this course looks at what outside employment is, the types of problems it can present, and how a situation can be managed to get the best outcome for all involved.
Check out all the courses in the Culture Series, aimed at building positive and compliant workplace cultures through everyday behavior change.
Covered in this course:
- Avoid conflicts of interest arising from outside employment
- What is outside employment and why is it a problem
- How to successfully manage an employment conflict of interest
- Importance of company policies and code of conduct
- Interactive decision-making second job scenario
- Proactively educate employees about outside employment