PPE Awareness (US)
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is clothing and equipment that helps protect against health and safety hazards at work. It includes items such as hardhats, gloves, eye protection, face shields, and safety footwear. PPE is very important as it provides a last line of defense against injury. Using PPE is covered by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations. This course covers employers’ legal obligations under these regulations, types of PPE, and steps to take to effectively use and maintain PPE at work.
- Consequences of not wearing PPE
- Legal obligations for PPE
- Understand OSHA regulations for PPE
- Types of PPE and their hazard protection
- Using and maintaining PPE