Privacy Awareness (Australian Public Sector)
Everyone has the right to have their personal information protected from unlawful use and disclosure. Australian Government Agencies have certain obligations concerning how they handle this information. Breaching these obligations is serious and can have significant negative consequences for individuals, agencies and their employees.
This course outlines Australian privacy law and the legal requirements that apply in relation to personal information. It also covers privacy breaches and their consequences, and ways to avoid or manage them.
- The legal framework related to privacy
- The information that is protected by privacy law
- Applying the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) when dealing with personal information
- Privacy breaches and their consequences
- How to avoid and manage breaches of privacy