Privacy – Queensland Privacy Information Act (AU)
Everyone has the right to have their personal information protected from unlawful use and disclosure. The Queensland public sector has certain obligations concerning how agencies handle this information. These obligations commence before an organisation collects or obtains personal information. They also remain as long as that information is held. Understanding these obligations is the first step to meeting them.
This course outlines the legal requirements that apply to employees and agencies in relation to the collection and handling of personal information within the Queensland public sector.
- Legal framework for privacy in the Queensland public sector
- Information that is protected by privacy law
- Applying the Information Privacy Principles when dealing with personal information
- Privacy breaches and their consequences
- How to avoid and manage breaches of privacy