Revenue Cycle Regulations & Compliance Review
From HIPAA to the Medicare Three-day Payment Rule, there are a number of regulations created by both the federal government and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in an effort to keep the revenue cycle in compliance. These rules and regulations can be difficult to keep track of, which is why regular training on this topic for relevant employees is essential.
This course introduces and reviews each of the key regulations. It covers why the regulations are important and how individuals and organizations can adhere to them.
Covered in this course:
- Federal Trade Commission Red Flag Rule
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act)
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)
- Consolidate Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Premium assistance provided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
- Medicare Secondary Payer provisions (MSP)
- Important Message from Medicare as part of the Hospital Discharge Appeal Rights (IMM) Guarantor assignment
- Medicare Three-day Payment Rule