Understanding Patient Balances 2019
Understanding Patient Balances
- Define the terms self-pay, patient balance, and out-of-pocket.
- Define copay and cite methods of determining a copay amount.
- Define deductible.
- Define coinsurance.
- Identify location and provider specific deductibles and coinsurance examples.
- Recognize non-covered services.
- Identify account information used to determine a patient balance.
- Recognize a patient balance.
- Identify the account balance distribution method, how payer buckets are filled, within a computer system.
- Identify account note information and why it is important.
- Identify transaction postings and why they are important.