Why Emergency Preparedness Matters
Emergency preparedness is essential in every working environment, which is why our government has two agencies dedicated to it: FEMA and OSHA. While these names may be familiar to you, it’s likely you don’t know everything they stand for and offer. But together with these agencies, you can learn how best to respond to emergencies and how to take action to keep yourself and those around you safe. This course prepares you for a natural disaster and other emergency situations.
- The importance of emergency preparedness.
- Types of natural disasters that may occur.
- How to prepare your workplace for a natural disaster.
- Key components of an emergency preparedness plan.
- Purpose of a business continuity plan.
- Identify OSHA- and FEMA-recommended preparation procedures for the common types of natural disasters.