What benefits you can get from online training
There are many definitions of Online Learning but this usually refers to any learning that is conducted remotely on a computer, tablet or mobile device. E-learning, m-learning, computer-based training, distance education, and others are some of the other terms used when talking about online learning.
Online Training programs involve creating learning course content focused topics using a variety of multimedia elements like PowerPoint presentations, video, interactive content, audio and video. These topics are pulled together into courseware that is then uploaded into an online learning delivery system or Learning Management System (LMS) like Litmos. An LMS like Litmos is the system used to assign and deliver courses to Learners.
Benefits of Online Learning
- Reduced Training Spend: An online learning system drastically reduces the training department costs by eliminating the need to travel for delivering classroom-based training sessions, in addition to increasing trainer productivity.
- Increased Training Department Productivity: Another benefit of providing online learning is that businesses can develop courses once and offer them repeatedly to learners at a self pace via a Learning Management System like Litmos. This frees up time for further developmental activities in the training department, hence improving productivity.
- Better Learner Performance: According to a June 2009 research report (12 year meta analysis) by the U.S. Department of Education, students pursuing higher education through online learning, tend to perform better than those through face-to-face courses.
- Flexibility for Learners: In a self-paced style of learning, everyone absorbs information at a variable rate. The courses can be taken up for completion at any time(24x7) that is convenient for them.
- Increased Accessibility: Online learning provides more opportunities for students with no previous access to resources and instructors, and are challenged due to physical, geographical, political or economic constraints.
Deploying a cloud-based LMS is quick and easy; to truly appreciate how easy it is, start a free trial today with only your name and email; no credit card is needed to start your trial.